Josh and I attended the Palos Verdes Board of Realtors' breakfast meeting this morning. The breakfast was okay, but the speaker, the chief economist for California Association of Realtors, was excellent.
I covered most of the information she shared in my end of the year video message, but some interesting points were:
- The 2016 California housing market is projected to be more robust than 2015--good, but not great due to limited inventory and a gradual increase in interest rates.
- Mortgage rates are projected to stay relatively attractive with only small and slow increases in 2016. Average rate is projected to be 4.5%.
- Affordability continues to be an issue--only 24% of L.A. residents can afford the average home.
- The "new normal" is only three to four months of housing inventory in many CA cities.
Based on our market snapshots, 2016 begins with a still-strong housing market for sellers. However, the interest rates are still attractive to buyers and the steep rise in property values has tapered off. Price increases are forecast to be in the low to middle single digits for 2016.
If this is your year to sell or buy a Palos Verdes or South Bay property, Charlemagne Int'l Properties would be honored to help you achieve the best possible results.
Norma Toering 310-493-8333
Palos Verdes Luxury Homes ($3M+):
Sell Smart, Buy Wise and Live Well
PalosVerdesLifestyle - Norma's award winning site as the best Palos Verdes homes and real estate blog since 2007.
- Selected by Relocation.com as one of the top ten Los Angeles area real estate blogs.
- Chosen by MovingCost.com as one of the best Los Angeles realty blogs.
- Awarded 5 out of 5 stars by Lender411 blog review.
- Ranked by Technorati in the top 1% of all blogs.
- As seen in the Daily Breeze newspaper.
- Rancho Palos Verdes Top Real Estate Agent
Palos Verdes Homes Blog - Palos Verdes Houses
Palos Verdes Horse Property - Palos Verdes Real Estate Agent
Palos Verdes Coastal Homes - Palos Verdes Home Search
Photos of Palos Verdes - Palos Verdes Videos
Palos Verdes Luxury Homes - Beach Cities Homes - Income Property in the South Bay
Based on information from the Association of REALTORS®/Multiple Listing as of the initial date of this article/blog publication and /or other sources. Display of MLS data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.