I wrote the original version of this article back in 2008--some things change and others remain the same. Even though I've gone on to expound in-depth about the Palos Verdes lifestyle with my article 100 Reasons to Call Palos Verdes Home, the original 5 still top my list.
Original article as written January 2008:
I was recently asked by a soon-to-be resident what I like best about living in Palos Verdes. My answer was not as concise and to the point as I would have liked. Later, I found myself thinking about the very legitimate question and here's my list:
1. The Coastal Location: I have a need to be close to the ocean. A long walk along a beach is one of my favorite indulgences, and I partake often. It's a quality of life decision for me. It's also called location.
2. The Outstanding School District: Hands down this is why I moved to Palos Verdes 19 years ago. It remains the main draw for many new residents.
3. The Country Setting in an Urban County: Los Angeles is one of the most densely populated counties in the country, but upon entering Palos Verdes you are immediately struck by the open space.
4. The Breathtaking Views: You do not have to own a view property to enjoy the spectacular vistas. A drive around the Palos Verdes Peninsula offers views of Catalina Island, a couple of lighthouses, sweeping coastline views, Los Angeles Harbor views, and dazzling city lights views.
5. The Low Profile Attitude: This is not Hollywood or even Beverly Hills. It's quiet here.
I've added a few more years to my residency in the area since arriving in Palos Verdes in 1989, but even though my appreciation for the area has grown by leaps and bounds, my Original 5 reasons for choosing Palos Verdes as a place to live and thrive have remained steadfast and at the top of my list.
- Norma Toering, Broker at Charlemagne Intl Properties
Sell Smart, Buy Wise and Live Well
PalosVerdesLifestyle - Norma's award winning site as the best Palos Verdes homes and real estate blog since 2007.
- Selected by Relocation.com as one of the top ten Los Angeles area real estate blogs.
- Chosen by MovingCost.com as one of the best Los Angeles realty blogs.
- Awarded 5 out of 5 stars by Lender411 blog review.
- Ranked by Technorati in the top 1% of all blogs.
- As seen in the Daily Breeze newspaper.
- Rancho Palos Verdes Top Real Estate Agent
Palos Verdes Homes Blog - Palos Verdes Houses
Palos Verdes Horse Property - Palos Verdes Real Estate Agent
Palos Verdes Coastal Homes - Palos Verdes Home Search
Photos of Palos Verdes - Palos Verdes Videos
Palos Verdes Luxury Homes - Beach Cities Homes - Income Property in the South Bay
Based on information from the Association of REALTORS®/Multiple Listing as of the initial date of this article/blog publication and /or other sources. Display of MLS data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.