When moving through the stages of selling a property--from showing to closing-- I often think of the quote, "It takes a village to raise a child." It also takes a group of committed professionals to close a real estate transaction. One weak link, whether it be agent, lender or escrow officer can turn a positive experience into a painful memory.
I've enjoyed many seamless closings and many more with only minor glitches that all parties worked together to resolve. Naturally, if you do something long enough you will build a body of work that includes a few transactions you would like to forget. Usually, these unpleasant surprises are the direct result of one member of the team dropping the proverbial ball.
Sellers, it's important to select the real estate team members who will represent you with care. You will have a daily relationship with the parties and players well past the close of escrow.
Each member of the team, including the seller, can avoid being the weakest link by:
1. Provide information and documents in a timely manner to the appropriate party.
2. Pay attention to deadlines and meet them.
3. Return calls, acknowledge emails and in general keep all people informed of any changes or delays. Surprises are usually not well received!
4. Be respectful of the time others are spending in an effort to effect a timely and successful closing.
5. Take time to thank the individuals for playing a valued role in selling or finding a new home for a client.
This is important work we do. Not only is it big business, it is a very personal business and it requires the combined efforts of more than a few team players. A simple note expressing your gratitude will strengthen the "chain" the next time it is called upon.
Norma Toering & Team
South Bay Los Angeles cities I sell real estate and homes in: Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Long Beach, Torrance, Lomita, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach.
Sell Smart, Buy Wise and Live Well
PalosVerdesLifestyle - Norma's award winning site as the best Palos Verdes homes and real estate blog since 2007.
- Selected by Relocation.com as one of the top ten Los Angeles area real estate blogs.
- Chosen by MovingCost.com as one of the best Los Angeles realty blogs.
- Awarded 5 out of 5 stars by Lender411 blog review.
- Ranked by Technorati in the top 1% of all blogs.
- As seen in the Daily Breeze newspaper.
- Rancho Palos Verdes Top Real Estate Agent
Palos Verdes Homes Blog - Palos Verdes Houses
Palos Verdes Horse Property - Palos Verdes Real Estate Agent
Palos Verdes Coastal Homes - Palos Verdes Home Search
Photos of Palos Verdes - Palos Verdes Videos
Palos Verdes Luxury Homes - Beach Cities Homes - Income Property in the South Bay
Based on information from the Association of REALTORS®/Multiple Listing as of the initial date of this article/blog publication and /or other sources. Display of MLS data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.